Video shows hundreds of Asian carp jumping out of the water - Insider
You're right that this is a conservation of momentum problem. It also has to do with relative velocity.
Glad to know i started off right. The relative velocity equation was what i tripped up on. Many thanks. Remembering relative velocity in that way has saved me many headaches.
- Man Nearly Run Over After Jumping out of a Boat Pulling His Car Into the Sea!
- Fancy Nancy: Apples Galore! (I Can Read Level 1);
- Italian Lesson 3: Animals (Easy-Peasy Italian For Kids Series).
- Crucible: Trial of Cyric the Mad (The Avatar Series Book 5).
- VIDEO: Shark Leaps From Water Feet From Group's Boat.
- Jump Out of Your Boat;
For me, it's just easier to remember one catchall than to reason out a relationship for each problem. Related Threads for: Person-jumping-out-of-a-moving-boat problem Two people jumping out of a boat in different directions - momentum problem. Posted Mar 23, Replies 3 Views 5K.
Tens of thousands of fish jumping on a boat is a sign of the apocalypse
Jumping off the front of a boat. Posted Feb 19, Replies 4 Views 1K. Girl jumping into a boat.
Posted May 18, Replies 7 Views A man jumps on a boat at rest. Posted Jun 12, Replies 2 Views Speed of a person jumping off a building? Posted Aug 10, Replies 8 Views 13K.
A person jumps from the roof. Posted Feb 15, Replies 4 Views 20K.
- TEN FUN THINGS TO DO IN CHAPEL HILL!
- Create an account or sign in to comment;
- How Angels Die.
- Recommended Posts.
- Immigration in America.
- Excess and Masculinity in Asian Cultural Productions (SUNY series in Global Modernity);
Velocity of boat after two people have jumped off. Posted Sep 20, Hope that helps to answer your question!
Create an account or sign in to comment
If you jump high and the boat is moving fast then although you start with the same velocity as the boat air drag will effect your body whilst in the air and you will land somewhere behind the boat. If it's a small boat, and your friends are in control of it, you will definitely land in the water What Re-design and kelseymh said, plus, if the boat is moving fast enough, wind resistance will slow you down and you may land behind the boat. Answer 8 years ago. If the boat is accelerating or decelerating, then you'll land either in a different place on the boat, or if it is small enough in the water.
In the boat. Unless the boat was accelerating very fast and if you jumped really high it might acclerate out from under you. Follow Asked by kimber Tags: motion physics.
- Lesson Plans Four to Score;
- John Muir in His Own Words: A Book of Quotations.
- Transforming School Leadership with ISLLC and ELCC!
- The Path to Love: A short story collection;