The views expressed are his own and not necessarily those of any organization of which he is a member.
Candidate Without a Prayer: An Autobiography of a Jewish Atheist in the Bible Belt (Unabridged)
Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.
- Atheists United – Herb Silverman (Candidate Without A Prayer) Continental Breakfast and Talk.
- Kitchen Literacy: How We Lost Knowledge of Where Food Comes from and Why We Need to Get It Back;
- The Absolute Best Indian Recipes Cookbook.
When this period and your name are mentioned, decades hence, your grandkids will look away in shame. You must be logged in to post a comment. RI Future. Sorry, this item is temporarily out of stock.
Overview Author Biography Overview In this deeply revealing and engaging autobiography, Herb Silverman tells his iconoclastic life story. He takes the reader from his childhood as an Orthodox Jew in Philadelphia, where he stopped fasting on Yom Kippur to test God's existence, to his adult life in the heart of the Bible Belt, where he became a legendary figure within America's secular activist community and remains one of its most beloved leaders.
Never one to shy from controversy, Silverman relates many of his high-profile battles with the Religious Right, including his decision to run for governor of South Carolina to challenge the state's constitutional provision that prohibited atheists from holding public office. Candidate Without a Prayer offers an intimate portrait of a central player in today's increasingly heated culture wars.
He is one of the funniest, most ebullient people I know. Your 1 Source for Humanist Books. Coming soon.
- Candidate Without a Prayer!
- Hear Herb Silverman speak on "Candidate Without a Prayer"?
- Candidate without a prayer Herb Silverman;
- Account Options.
- Visit the Library (Bugville Critters).
- Herb Silverman, A Candidate Without a Prayer + Bullies, KKK.
- The Deadly Quest for Faith (The Girl of Good and Evil Book 1)?
Personal Paths to Humanism. The Cartoon History of Humanism. By Herb Silverman.
An Atheist for Governor of South Carolina? Buy the EBook.